The sun will rise at 6.30 tomorrow. By Bob Larkin. You are going to fall. It's either going to be really, really amazing, or really, really awful. Lo siento, debes estar conectado para publicar un comentario. It is important to remember that we are expressing more than simply the time of the action or event. Future in the past uses two verb forms: "would" and "was/were going to". Which form is suitable in the following situation? Mary will help with the cooking. We should finish the job early if George will help us. will shows that we are very sure: I‘ll say something silly. The holidays start next week. Such predictions are based on present evidence: I'm going to faint. Whether or not the event will happen is not certain. Tim will be at the meeting. In standard British English, we typically say 'against the law', 'against the rules' or 'against regulations'. They are coming to see us tomorrow. But we can never be 100% certain about the future. All of those sentences are fine. There are a number of different ways of referring to the future in English. Children won’t go to school in the future. We use will and might to make predictions about what we expect to happen in the future. Future Time. Learn how to make predictions, speak about possibilities, and/or to speak about future actions with will, may, and might. My sister is going to have a baby. )Look at those black clouds. They are going to move to Manchester. LearnEnglish Subscription: self-access courses for professionals, Turki123456 replied on 28 October, 2020 - 12:47 Saudi Arabia, -I’m cleaning the house before my mom comes tomorrow (= I can see that it will rain.) You can use both verb forms to make statements of what you thought would or was/were going to happen in the future. For the negative, we can say ‘will not’ or ‘won’t’. We use the present simple for something scheduled: We have a lesson next Monday. Fire up your space engines! Learn how to use the future with will and may and might in English. -I'm going to clean the house before my mom comes tomorrow The game should be over by eight o'clock. The future! I'd recommend you ask your teacher about that. I think it's going to rain. (NOT will finish work)We won’t be able to go out if it rains. In time clauses with words like when, after, until we often use present tense forms to talk about the future: I'll come home when I finish work. Look at those black clouds. Look at the clouds; it's going to rain. When we know about the future, we normally use the present tense. Fire up your space engines! Will be + verb-ing also has more than one use, but the relevant use here is to express an expectation. It's my birthday tomorrow. The train arrives at 6.30 in the morning. (NOT will rain). Peter M. replied on 26 October, 2020 - 06:52 Poland. I hope you will come to my party. Be careful! This means that they are followed by the infinitive of the verb without “to”: It will rain later. 9. They are coming after they have had dinner. -I will clean the house before my comes tomorrow, Can we use the present progressive or the future continues in the main clause or it’s wrong? Kirk replied on 19 October, 2020 - 07:46 Spain. c. law I'll come home when I finish work. Thanks you. 8. Level: intermediate Age: 14-17 Downloads: 3340 Writing series - (1) - Writing about oneself: Personal information, school subjects, hobbies and future careers for … (Not it might to rain …. -I will be cleaning the house before my mom comes tomorrow We can use ‘will’ or ‘’ll’ to talk about the future and make future predictions. - I am meeting Donna after school. It will be a nice day tomorrow. February 21, 2018. We can use should if we think there's a good chance of something happening: We should be home in time for tea. This means that they are followed by the infinitive of the verb without “to”: It will rain later.